OneAction was born in December 2011 as an independent, apolitical and non-profit association based in Geneva, Switzerland.
OneAction aims for a more united and conscious world. Seeing one's potential for sustainable change, OneAction aspires to encourage the transition from intention to action, accompanying individuals and communities in the process of creating or developing empowerment projects. In doing so, our intention is to instigate a society built on respect, dignity, dialogue, creativity and mutual aid.
OneAction works with individuals, communities and organizations looking to work towards a more sustainable world. By sharing its expertise and experience, OneAction amplifies the impact of its partners and strengthens their capacity to act: we accompany these actors on the journey to self-sufficiency and sustainable change. In collaboration with our partners, we develop projects with strong social and environmental impacts, while providing self-financing mechanisms that guarantee sustainability. OneAction primarily focuses on education, training, sustainable agriculture, reforestation, renewable energies and social entrepreneurship. Our current efforts are concentrated in regions where we benefit from a well-established network of contacts and an excellent knowledge of the socio-cultural, political and environmental context, namely Switzerland, South America and Asia.
OneAction works with 5 key values and makes sure to translate them both at headquarters and in the field:
OneAction in numbers
- OneAction has 6 years of activity.
- It has 5 members within the Operational team, 5 members on the Executive board, 4 Advisory board members, a Local coordinator for each project, and many volunteers at headquarters and abroad.
- OneAction manages 15 projects in 7 countries and 4 continents.
- It counts with an annual budget higher than 500’000 CHF.
- OneAction is financed by donations from foundations and associations (34%), individuals (30%), public entities (8%), companies (6%); fundraising events (11%); social entrepreneurship projects (10%), and membership fees (1%).
- OneAction has won 3 awards and honours.